Friday, September 16, 2011

Review - Born to Run

Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never SeenBorn to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm a runner and really loved this book, but I don't think you have to be a runner to appreciate and enjoy the real life "characters," the narration of the races(some that are 100 miles long and in scorching heat), the research and science behind what makes humans natural endurance runners, and the spirit behind the Tarahumara and others who take up ultra running. It's motivated me to look further into the ultra runners mentioned in the book and maybe take up trail running in addition to my regular road runs.

I'm not sure if I'm 100% sold on the barefoot running fad, so I would probably only try that if I was experiencing constant injuries or pain (which is what prompted the author to write this book in the first place). Give this book a try even if you don't run!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment