Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Late Weekend Wrap Up

I had a great weekend that was full of fun and workouts! 

Friday I went with friends to Bloodhound for Happy Hour and then Raven next door for some more drinks!  It's so convenient having two great bars with creative cocktails right next to each other.

Saturday I managed to get in a 7 mile run to the Golden Gate Bridge and back.  I've loved the warm weather the last few weeks, but I have to say that I missed the fog and cool air for running. 

Later that night I went with a friend to Sofa for drinks and dinner.  It's an underground bar (literally...it's underneath Bossa Nova restaurant on 8th & Howard) that is super dark and has a Gothic/vampire vibe.  We went on the early side and were the only ones in there, which was nice.  They have a creative cocktail menu and delicious small dishes.  I recommend the pork belly (we had two orders...oink), sashimi tuna, and the beet salad.

After that we went dancing at the Cat Club for Club Gossip.  It was a theme night...Thompson Twins vs. Echo & the Bunnymen.  Those are two of my favorite bands of the 80's, so I was loving it!

I was pretty wiped out on Sunday, but I managed a 4 mile recovery run before taking a nap.  Then I met friends at Cafe des Amis for a Bastille Day celebration.  I love that restaurant and was stoked that they had such great deals all day.  The last thing I needed was another drink, but I had two Bellinis and a Paloma.  Don't worry...we also ate!  The oysters were phenomenal...best I've had in a LONG time.  They were on special for $1 each, too!  We got there at 4 and I stayed until 7:30 when I felt like I was going to drop.  A nice bath and bed by 8:30 and I was fresh as a daisy for Monday.

Now it's Wednesday, so I think I'll do a separate post for my week (and workouts) so far.  Meanwhile, here's my favorite Echo & the Bunnymen song (if you're not familiar with them)...

XOXO
FogChick

No comments:

Post a Comment