Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bad Blogger

Gah, I've been bad for not updating here in a while!  Once I ran the Nike Half Marathon, I just became a lazy writer.  My apologies!

I've definitely been keeping up with all my running and cross-training for my next goal...the Napa Valley Marathon.  Meanwhile, I've signed up for a couple more races.  I'm doing a 10K Turkey Trot (on Thanksgiving Day, obviously) and I'm also doing the 2nd Half SF Marathon in July 2012.  I'm also considering the Portland Wine Country Half Marathon (Labor Day weekend 2012) and maybe another one at the end of next year.  Any suggestions?

I've seen a few bands over the past few weeks.  Last night my friend and I had wine and dinner at Fat Angel and then saw The Bangles at The Fillmore.  I was surprised to see it not very full, but the band sounded and looked great.  They did a good mix of all the old hits plus some new stuff.  Best of all, the show was over by 10:45PM.  (I haven't been feeling that great, so I was pleased to be in bed before midnight.)

Last Friday I went to Thai food with my friend and her husband and then we went to the Wild Flag show at Great American Music Hall.  Wild Flag is basically a "supergroup" of some of our favorite musicians, including a couple of the members from Sleater Kinney (a band we both LOVED back in the day...and still do even though they're not together anymore).  The show was SO rocking and badass.  I haven't heard the CD, but my friend (who is a college radio DJ) told me it just doesn't compare to the live shows.  Bummer, but that happens sometimes. 

Next up is Robyn Hitchcock at Slim's next week and Peter Murphy/She Wants Revenge at The Fillmore in December.  Then that's it until March when I see Hugh Cornwell from The Stranglers (plus Clem Burke from Blondie) at Red Devil Lounge.  I'm sure I'll find something else before then.  I'm just waiting for some of the venues to publish their Spring calendars. 

I need to figure out what I'm doing for New Year's Eve.  Last year was a dinner and clubbing night, but I'm actually kind of over going to the clubs.  Shocker, right?  I'm actually happy just hanging out alone and doing stuff. 

Any suggestions for a solo gal on New Year's Eve?  I might want to get out of town for a couple of days and do something mellow (and not too expensive). 

Glad to be back!  Maybe I'll do some blip.fm DJ-ing tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment