Sunday, July 31, 2011

101 in 1001

I've been working on this page for a while, so it's finally complete!  You can find "101 in 1001" in my tabs and it's pretty self-explanatory.  As I complete items, I'll be updating the page.  My next goal is to complete the "About Me" tab!


It's Sunday morning and I'm drinking coffee, blipping some songs, and relaxing.  I don't have anything pressing today, so I'm going to play it by ear.  Normally I'd be up running by now, but I think I'll wait a little while longer.  I'm trying to finish a couple of books (The Likeness by Tana French and Operation Beautiful by Caitlin Boyle), so I'm thinking of going to a cafe in North Beach later and having a coffee and reading.  Tonight I think I'll catch up on some DVD watching and I'm going to make Pretzel and M&M Blondies!


I went dancing last night at New Wave City for their 19th Anniversary Party.  I can't believe I've been going since 1993 when it was the last event at the I Beam in the Haight!  That's a lot of years of '80s dancing and good times.  I was invited to the VIP Party from 8-9PM and then free entry to the club.  I had a good time, but left around 11:30 so I could get a good night's sleep.  I guess I'm getting old!  I also started my "no alcohol for a month" goal (#8 on the 101 in 1001 list).  I'm actually trying to go without alcohol until after the Napa Valley Marathon in March, but I thought 30 days would be more manageable for the purposes of the 101 in 1001 list.


Well, I guess I'll get ready to do my 3 miles, so have a great Sunday!  I'll try to post a pic of my Blondies later.  



2 comments:

  1. Wow, good for you on the no alcohol for a month.

    I hear you on getting old. I went to a punk show on Friday (exhausted, so against my better judgment), and then went hiking Saturday. It's Monday and I still feel like I got hit by a truck!

    Oh the I-Beam -- good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm two days in...woo hoo! (My actual goal is until after my first marathon in March, but I'm not sure if that's totally realistic.) :)

    I can't believe I've been going to NWC since 1993! That event was the last one in that space and the theme was "Just Can't Get Enough" (to celebrate the release of that CD set). Crazy!

    ReplyDelete