Friday, July 22, 2011

This Week's Progress

I've managed to make some progress on the new blog this week despite not really having any time to work on it (more about that in a separate post).

I joined a website called Daily Mile and added a badge in my side column.  I already track my runs through an iPhone application called Runkeeper (which accesses GPS to track mileage, calories burned, etc.), but this badge will allow me to share my training more easily.  Right now it looks like I never run, but that will change when this week's craziness is over.

This week is really unusual.  I had two heavy workouts over the weekend (ran 10 miles Saturday and then back to back Turbo Kickboxing and Yoga classes on Sunday), so I needed to take a rest day on Monday.  I just didn't plan on being so wiped out on Wednesday (two nights in a row of not enough sleep) and I already had plans to take Friday as a rest day.  Anyway, tomorrow I'm running and Sunday I'll do some cross training, so next week will be normal.

I also adjusted the title and description of the blog (which might change a little still) and added two nifty badges for the races I've run.  I can't wait to add 26.2 to the wall!

This weekend I'm going to try to add an image to the header, finish a couple of posts that are half done, complete the About Me tab, and also complete another tab that I'm adding.  Bit by bit I'll get there!

What are you doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment