Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Weekend...So Far

After last night's festivities at Bloodhound and then dinner at Rocco's Cafe, I had a pretty good night's sleep (even though I was awake in the middle of the night when a 3.3 earthquake centered in Berkeley hit and I felt the building shaking).  I woke up a little after 7AM and was super eager to use my new Nathan Quickdraw Elite water bottle that I bought yesterday for a long run.

As a little background, I normally don't carry any water with me on runs.  I know that sounds insane, but I pretty much use the same routes that I learned when I was part of a training group.  Those routes just happen to have water fountains conveniently spaced for hydration.  (Also convenient is the fact that I don't sweat profusely!)  What's not convenient is boredom with the same old routes and the need to venture to new territories (that don't have fountains).

A couple of weeks ago I tried an 8-mile run that incorporated a hilly part of the Nike Women's Half Marathon in October.  I was venturing into unchartered territory, so I brought my water bottle that fits in a waistband and sits at my back.  I thought I was going to scream before it was over.  Belt riding up my waist, bottle bouncing on my back...no bueno.

Anyway, I did a 10-mile run this morning using my new hand held bottle and had a much easier time of it!  Granted, I ran one of the same old "water fountain" routes, but at least this time I didn't need to stop for hydration!  I had to transfer the bottle from one hand to the other once in a while, but that wasn't bad.  It fit comfortably on my hand and I didn't find myself gripping it tightly.  The fabric was also soft.  It was worth giving up the freedom of empty hands to be able to get rid of the belt!  (I might give it to my Mom.  I think it might work better for walking.)

After having a gel manicure and a pedicure this afternoon (aaah...), I came home to try to make dinner and tomorrow's breakfast from scratch.  I'm not really that good at cooking and improvising, but dinner turned out great!

Dinner a la Fog Chick
This probably looks like a disgusting mess, but it's quinoa, broiled eggplant (that was marinaded in Trader Joe's Sesame Soy Vinaigrette dressing), zucchini sauteed in soy sauce, a tablespoon or so of plain Greek yogurt, and a couple of tablespoons of salsa (also Trader Joe's).  It was filling, but it was tasty and I feel good.  (Oh, and I paired it with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.  Yes, Trader Joe's Charles Shaw.  Sorry, but that stuff is good!)  Best of all, I have leftover quinoa, eggplant, and zucchini, so I might try to incorporate the veggies into an omelette or something tomorrow morning.

So, it's Saturday night and...Fog Chick is staying in.  I have several different options tonight (Club Vogue at Cat Club for dancing, New Wave City at The Blue Macaw for dancing, or all-you-can-eat shabu shabu in Japantown with friends), but I just feel like staying in and hanging out by myself.  That probably sounds weird, but sometimes I need to be by myself.  At heart, I think I'm a loner.  Plus, I have too much stuff going on next week and I'm stressing out about getting enough rest, not eating or drinking too much, and getting all my workouts completed.

I have dinner plans Monday and Tuesday (which means I'll have to get up no later than 4:15AM each day to go running and get to work on time), a Yelp Elite Event on Wednesday (I can do my run after work and still make it), and cocktails and dinner Friday night with a friend.  With all that going on next week, tonight's agenda is trying to finish my book (about Madame Tussaud), catch up on writing some Yelp reviews and uploading some food photos, and maybe working on this blog a little more.  (Oh, and maybe buying some new music from Amazon.com and finally watching the Netflix DVD that's been sitting here for two weeks.)

Tomorrow I'm not sure what I'm doing.  I kind of want to see English Beat at Stern Grove, but I'm leaning toward SFMOMA (Picasso/Matisse exhibit) and maybe a movie and glass of wine after the museum.

What fun stuff are you doing this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment