Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day One Success

I just had to do a post and say that Blogger is WAY easier to manage than Wordpress.  I had a blog there at one time and was trying to start it up again (this one), but I thought I'd experiment a little with this site.


It was so easy for me to customize with the fancy badges from Blip.fm, Yelp, and Goodreads.  They would call to me, but Wordpress couldn't support them, so I was forced to just create links or RSS feeds.  Not as fun!


It's also a lot easier to post and manipulate photos and edit entries.  Best of all, the "Gadgets" (the things you access to decorate your blog) are exponentially more numerous than the ones on Wordpress.


I don't want to bag on Wordpress too much because they do have a lot more templates and I did learn a lot about HTML and setting up a blog on there, so I'm thankful for that.


Anyway, I almost got too caught up in this to go running and then almost talked myself out of it, but I ended up doing a little over 5.5 miles.  I just reminded myself that I've never felt worse after a run or workout and tonight was no different.


This is an old photo, but I ran down by here tonight.  (Wow, it's even easier to post photos off to the side and then type!  This was impossible for me to master on Wordpress.)




Anyway, I'm slowly but surely building my blog and will keep at it until I have it right.  


Thanks for reading and I'll post again soon!


XOXO
Fog Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment