Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week in Workouts

It's Sunday and I finally got a good night's sleep.  I had a major headache last night, so I decided to just stay in and go to bed early after watching a movie.  Harold and Maude is streaming on Netflix.  How have I never seen that movie?


My week went pretty much as planned this week as far as workouts, but with a few tweaks....


Monday - Run (5 miles Easy/6 minutes Fartlek)
Done!


Tuesday - Cross Train (55 minute 50 minutes) - I read the schedule wrong when I typed this.  It was actually 50 minutes of cross training, so I got up early and did 25 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes on the stationary bike, and 10 minutes on the stair climber.


Wednesday - Strength Training Class Yoga - This was going to be another cross-training day and I usually go to strength training on Tuesday/Thursday.  I realized that I needed to make pasta salad for our company picnic the next day, so I ended up coming straight home from work and taking care of that and then taking a 60-minute Vinyasa Yoga class.  It's still a form of strength training and I got some stretching in, too!

Thursday - Run (5 miles Easy/5 minutes Tempo) - Done! I did this out at Ocean Beach after our company picnic.

Friday - Rest

Saturday - Run (7 miles Easy/7 minutes Tempo) - I did this, but didn't really enjoy it.  I wasn't feeling well at all and wished I'd saved this run for Sunday!

Sunday - Run (4 miles Easy) - This was a lot more enjoyable after a full night of sleep and rest.  I could have kept going, but 4 miles was all that was on the schedule.


It's really overcast here, but I wasn't planning to go out today anyway.  I'm going to try to clean either a closet or my drawers and maybe bake a loaf of bread.  Later I have early dinner plans with a neighbor at a popular SF restaurant, so I'm looking forward to that.


Have a great Sunday!  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment