Saturday, August 20, 2011

Where Did My Saturday Go?

It's almost 4PM and I've done a lot today, but somehow didn't do everything I wanted to accomplish.

I started the day with a smoothie experiment.  Here's what I used:

1/2 c Oats
1/2 Frozen Banana
1 c Almond Milk
1 T Flaxseed Meal
1/2 scoop Whole Foods Vanilla Soy Milk Protein Powder

I mixed that in the blender, poured it in a bowl, and topped it with a few Barbara's Peanut Butter Puffins.  It was delicious, but hearty and filling!

Banana Oat Smoothie posing on my rug
I decided to drive out to Ocean Beach for my second run out there this week since I was up early enough and wanted to make a couple of stops out that way on my way back.  The run was kind of a struggle because I wasn't feeling great and didn't realize how much uphill there would be from mile 2.3 until my turnaround spot at mile 3.5.  I almost didn't do the 7 minutes of tempo because it was getting warmer, but I ran it between minutes 53 and 60.  It was worth it to see the 650 calories burned at the end!

I finally tried out the new Fresh and Easy store out in the avenues.  It wasn't busy at all around 10AM and is an alternative to Trader Joe's.  I mostly bought fruit and veggies, so I'll be interested to see if the produce lasts longer than TJ's.

After that I made a stop at Cheap Pete's to get frames for my Go-Go's and Duran Duran concert posters from The Fillmore.  They make frames specially sized already for the posters, so I bought a couple (one in silver and one in black).  Unfortunately, I didn't realize that they weren't the wooden ones that I bought before and I didn't know how to get the posters in, so I had to make another trip across town for a remedial lesson.  It paid off because they're now framed and beautiful!

I came home and made a little snack using the banana bread that I made early in the afternoon (I told you I did a lot today).  I tore up a thin slice of the bread and put it over plain Greek yogurt with strawberries:

Snack...posing on my rug again
Now I'm trying to get myself to relax.  Laundry, mopping and vacuuming might need to wait until later or tomorrow.  I'm still not feeling great, but I agreed to meet a friend and go out for a while tonight.  I'm not really in the mood, but I'll be on the guest list, so it'll be free.  If I rally, I'll go on to the next place, but not sure if that will happen.

Hope you're having a good Saturday!  I think I'll read my book now.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment